Monday, November 8, 2010

Literature circle

If I have participated in the group discussion, I would have a better understanding of the  novel that we are studying.  I may have more ideas as to how I can improve my responses to the reading before the discussion.  I could have come up with better questions.  I would have thought harder on the connections.  I could have made my passage more interesting.  From the discussion, I would also have better ideas as how to work on my next literature circle.

The connection that I made from the four chapters was that I love the zoo just like Jacob does.  Another connection that I have made is that I really, really want to go to Africa just like Jacob. But the reason I want to go to Africa is so that I can go on a safari. The reason that Jake wants to visit his father and he wants to go to Kenya and I want to go to South Africa.

My prediction is that Jacob will get to go to Africa and he will find his father.  I think that his father will be very surprise to see him there and mad at the same time because his father is concerned for Jacob's safety and will want to send Jacob back home.  Jacob will then explained to his dad that he does not want to live with his aunt because he does not necessary like or know her.  His dad will then change his mind and let him stay for a few days in a cave with him.  They will study the elephants together and Jacob will definitely have an exciting time.

Love Camila

No comments:

Post a Comment