Thursday, January 13, 2011

Profile P


I learn best when I can see what we are doing. I am more of a visual learner, so when the teacher is talking and explaining, I won't understand much. But if the teacher talks and draws or acts it out, I would understand much better. Yesterday, in Humanities, we learned which side of the brain we use the most. My profile shows that I am right side dominant which means that I am a gestalt type learner. I learn best through movement and thinking about the whole picture. If it is important to me or in a context that I am familiar with I will also do better. Another important way I learn is when I am actively involved. Sometimes it is hard to explain things verbally and I do better through writing. When I am learning, sometimes it takes me awhile to process the information so that it makes sense to me.

To improve in my classes I need to doodle less because when I doodle I dont pay that much attention to what the teacher is saying.   I also need to sit  on the left hand side because my best ear and best eye is on my right side. I think I need the lesson to be more demonstrative so that I can picture it mentally. It would also be good if the lesson is interactive where I can get involved in it.

The strategies that would help me in my learning is to use activities like drawing. The drawing helps me because I like to draw and when I draw something I can remember it better. It also helps me when I listen to music. When I hear the beat and the teacher is talking I hear the teacher talking with the beat. When I hear the beats I can remember better what the teacher is saying. 

I would like my teacher to know that I am gestalt and my profile is a P.  I think that where I am siting is an ok spot. I think that the closer I am to the white bord the beter. Because when I am to far away and we have to read a PowerPoint I cant see any thing because it is to small. I want my teacher to know that in order to focus better I may need to do more activities and more movement. 


Lots of love Camila 

No comments:

Post a Comment